It makes us so happy that you love what we do. We are sure that you will enjoy this new piece of yours. In order to have your jewelry looking bright and beautiful for years to come, special care is required.
- Avoid direct contact with minerals, chemicals and water; e.g. soap and fragrances. Beauty products may discolor your piece, making it look dull. The metals and stones may also be affected by moistened conditions. Take off your jewelry when doing chores, at the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and when showering. Keep your pieces away from heat sources such as radiators and windows.
- .925 sterling silver is a relatively soft metal. Rings are easily exposed to collisions with other surfaces. That may cause small dents and lacerations, over time the cuts become less visible. Scratches and wounds are not a sign of defect but a signature of personal wear and tear.
- Issai only works with natural stones. As a result, we get different patterns and unique looks for our pieces. Stones might also come with different hardness, but all stones are fragile and might break or chip if they collide with a hard surface.
- All our jewelry is treated with anti-tarnish (oxidation) treatment. However, silver might oxidize over time. To avoid this as much as possible, delicately wipe your piece with a soft cloth after each wear to remove any dirt, minerals and oil. Silver polish can also be bought at any goldsmiths.
- To evade rubbing and scratching, store each piece individually in provided Issai jewelry boxes. This also helps eluding any sunlight which would lead to fading.
- Issai recommends annual service at a local jewelry who can professionally clean and polish the piece and check clasps, mounts, setting and soldering.
- We know you like to play with your piece but try not to bend, pull chains, bangles or rings too much.
- Despite how much you love your jewelry, you should not sleep with it. Get a nice meaningful box and save it for the night.
Remember, jewelry echoes our story, make it live forever and pass it down through generations.